Educated in English & Film (BA hons) and Contemporary Cinema Studies (MA) at King’s College London, I’m freelance film writer and radio critic. My outlets include 3RRRFM (Plato’s Cave), JOYFM (Saturday Magazine, Sci-Fi and Squeam), Metro Magazine, Screen Education, Senses of Cinema and The Big issue. I’ve served on selection panels for the Encounters Short Film Festival (2009), MIFF Short Fiction (2013) and the FIPRESCI Jury at International Short Film Festival, Oberhausen (May 2013). I am also the Programming and Content Assistant for Melbourne’s Astor Theatre, I volunteer at the Australian Film Institute Research Collection and am a committee member of the Melbourne Cinémathèque.
Examples of my work can be found through the menu tabs above. Links to my most recent publications are below.
- Top Ten Trends at Cannes, artsHub.com.au, 28.05.13
- Five Favourite Films From Cannes, TheVine.com.au, 27.05.13
- 66th Cannes Film Festival Party Report, TheVine.com.au, 27.05.13
- Cannes 2013 wrap, ScreenHub.com.au, 27.05.13
- The Australian Impact at Cannes, ScreenHub.com.au, 24.05.13
- Cannes 2013 report, ScreenHub.com.au, 23.05.13
- As I Lay Dying, review for TheVine.com.au, 24.05.13
- The Bling Ring, review for TheVine.com.au, 18.05.13
- Celebrating Scarcity and the Question of Rejection in the Works of Luther Price, FIPRESCI report, 12.05.13
- Comrades (Bill Douglas, 1986), Cinémathèque Annotations on Film, Issue 66, March 2013, Senses of Cinema.